Newport's newest boutique condominium project. This four unit association is located in Newport's historic Fifth Ward neighborhood, just steps from the harbor, dining and shopping on Thames Street, and a short ride to Gooseberry Beach. Formerly a rectory, the interior of this striking brick building has been completely rebuilt and thoughtfully styled in to elegant, modern residences.
The Fifth Ward is a reference to the neighborhood’s former political affiliation, a name that stuck throughout Newport's redistricting. The neighborhood is bounded by Wellington and Roseneath avenues, Old Fort Road, Ruggles Avenue, and Dearborn and Spring streets. With its proximity to restaurants, nightlife, and beautiful beaches and parks, the Fifth Ward is a Newport hot spot.
The property was built in 1955 as a convent to accommodate the Sisters of Mercy, who ran the church’s parochial school. In the 1970's, the sisterhood withdrew from the church and the structure served as the parish rectory. J2 Construct, 2Hands Studio, and BCM Realty Partners have come together to repurpose this great Newport structure in to stylish residences.